Learning So Much
June and July have been full of so many lessons learned. I don't feel like my brain has fully absorbed them all yet, but here are a few.
1. People buy meat when they are going home immediately to put that meat in the freezer. If they are not going straight home they don't buy meat. It seems so obvious now.
2. When separating ram and ewe lambs don't leave them in adjacent paddocks overnight. The temptation is too great and they will get out. I will get a phone call about this at 5:45 am.
3. Make sure your electric fence is ON. Again, so obvious.
4. I can sell lamb to a butcher shop! It's possible! I did it!
5. Ask for help. Keep asking for help. Thanks Dad, you're the best.
6. I have recently become sensitive to poison ivy. I used to be immune. This is a real bummer.
7. I just bought a truck and it has made my life so much easier. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and invest in the right tools.
I feel like I understand so much more about how to build Four Legs Farm compared to this time last year or even 6 months ago. Thank you for following along!
Leanna at Four Legs Farm